Sunday, April 2, 2017

The sounds of Spring

My camera has a video function that I rarely use, but yesterday I could not resist.  Nevermind the video itself (I was standing in a thicket surrounded willows and Indian Hemp).  What I really wanted to record was the sound.  The overlying sound is the call of Western Chorus Frogs (Pseudacris triseriata).  Periodically you hear a male Red-winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus) add his voice.  Deep in the background are the duck-like calls of Wood Frogs (Lithobates sylvaticus).

Enjoy.

 

2 comments:

  1. What a pleasant video. Love those sounds of nature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I was hoping photograph at least one of the Chorus Frogs, but the little boogers shut up whenever I got too close. I never saw any of them.

      Delete