Friday, June 13, 2014

Yellow Pond-lily Pictures

On Sunday June 1st, I photographed wildflower species #98 for the year - a Yellow Pond-lily (Nuphar variegatum) at Chipp-A-Waters Park.  The photo was taken at a distance with a telephoto lens and was not very good.  The following Sunday (June 8th) I went back to Chipp-A-Waters Park with a pair of waders.

I had photographed these flowers up close once before, back in the 2005 when I was using a film camera.  For one reason or another I had not gotten up close to these plants since then.

As promised, here are some closer photos of the Yellow Pond Lily.  To learn more about this plant read this species profile from December 2013.












And a bonus non-wildflower picture - a young Green Frog (Lithobates clamitans formerly Rana clamitans) surrounded by Greater Duckweed (Spirodela polyrhiza).


No comments:

Post a Comment