Wednesday, August 21, 2013

An Unseen Wasp

Often when I look back at older photos that I took years ago I notice new details in the photos.  I usually get around to organizing my photos in some sore of manner based on what is in this photo.  For instance, this photograph ended up be filed under Wildflowers>  White> White Wood Aster.  I have probably looked at the thumbnails for this sequence of photos dozens of times, but today when I looked at them I noticed something.

Ichneumon wasp on White Wood Aster (Eurybia divaricata)

A wasp. 

I am sure that I noticed it when I originally took the photo - there are actually eight photos in this sequence and the wasp is in all of them, but somehow over time the wasp got overlooked.  I guess it's good to always go back and review files periodically.  Bonus- this photo was taken exactly five years ago today (21 August 2008)

Ichneumon wasp on White Wood Aster (Eurybia divaricata) - close-up crop of the above photo

No comments:

Post a Comment